The hotel is situated in a 10 hectare forest area with its own 2.5 hectare pond, in a picturesque valley at the foot of Melechov Hill. In the vicinity of the cottages flows a stream that feeds a trout pond with one of the cleanest waters in the Czech Republic.
There are two tennis courts with artificial surface, playground, trampoline, beach volleyball court, gym, table tennis and sauna. Our little guests have at their disposal a playground and a trampoline. A few hundred meters away, there is a private fishing district in the village of Kouty – Homole Pond. You can catch trout, carp, or zander catfish. Allowances can be picked up at the hotel reception by prior arrangement.
- Melechov – Dobrovítova Lhota, Vilémovice
- Rohule – Koňkovice, Trpišovice, Smrčná
- Ledeč – Stvořidla, Smrčná, Světlá nad Sázavou
- Ledeč – Chřenovice, Budčice, Vlastějovice, Zruč nad Sázavou
- Ledeč – Mstislavice, Melechov, Rohule, Loukov, Dolní Město, Lipnice nad Sázavou
By bike – Posázavská cycling route
The cycling route, winding along the Sázava River, has its own specific atmosphere and you will find a number of historical monuments, romantic corners and natural beauties along the entire length. It leads from Nové Město na Moravě via Žďár nad Sázavou, Havlíčkův Brod, Světlá nad Sázavou, Lipnice nad Sázavou, Ledeč nad Sázavou to the confluence of Sázava with Vltava at Davle. The route is quite long 240 km. The map of the Posázava cycle route is available at the Ledeč nad Sázavou Information Center at the bus station.
Rental boat Ledeč nad Sázavou
Ledeč nad Sázavou
tel.: 724 095 199
Geographical center of the Czech Republic, Číhošť
On the 12th of December 2006, a commemorative stone, which defines the geographical center of the Czech Republic, was ceremonially unveiled in Číhošť. The geographic center point was set 400 meters northeast of the Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary and is designated as the center of gravity of the area bounded by national borders, regardless of the differences in altitudes. The village is also known as the “Číhošť miracle”.
GPS coordinates: 49°44’37.391″N, 15°20’19.6″E
Geographical center of Europe, Melechov
The highest point of the district Havlíčkův Brod Melechov Hill (715 m) was considered Austria-Hungary as the center of Europe. It is 2 km from the Kouty Hotel and about 11 km from the geographical center of the Czech Republic in Chhošť.
„Číhošťský zázrak“ – the movement of the cross, which is still unexplained, on the main altar on 11th and 25th of December 1949. The village has disappeared from all maps to forget the “Číhošťský zázrak” as quickly as possible. But that didn’t happen. In 2013, the Bishops’ Conference approved the beatification of Josef Toufar. In 2015, the remains of Josef Toufar were identified and transported from the Ďáblice Cemetery to the Číšť neighborhood, where they were stored in the local Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary on 12th July of the same year after a solemn worship with the participation of church dignitaries and thousands of believers.
GPS coordinates: 49°44’26.649″N, 15°20’8.445″E
Melechov Nature Park, Kouty
Near the hotel is the highest point of the district Havlickuv Brod – wooded hill Melechov. In the Hussite period it was called the biblical name Oreb. With its 715 m, the massif of Melechov dominates the entire central Posázaví area and is a very popular place for tourists and cyclists. But prepare for a proper climb. On a few kilometers you can expect more than 300 m elevation. But the reward will be sweet. As a nature park, Melechov with an area of 32 square kilometers is an oasis of intact landscape with many protected species of plants and animals.
Melechovská studánka, Kouty
The spring with clear water offers pleasant refreshment to all visitors. There is a stone cross at the well that protects it from the hellers. It is also called Marianov, in honor of the meritorious leader of the Ledec Scouts, Marian Vágner.
Not far from the well is another large boulder which has a story of war. In March 1945, the Soviet airborne group Za Prahu was dropped over Melechov. The aim of the landing team were South Bohemia, but the navigation error ended just in Melechov. One of the paratroopers, medic Kirejev could not continue to travel due to injury with other members of the group. He was saved by the Pospíšil family from the solitude of Požírna, who hid it for three months. Healthy Kireiev then joined the local insurgent group.
Tvrz Melechov, Kouty
On the western slope of the mountain stands the ruins of a small castle, which was built to protect the trade route from Austria via Humpolec and Ledeč nad Sázavou to Kutná Hora. A residential tower and a moat have been preserved to this day. A modest 14th century mansion was owned by Albert of Melechov, who sealed the letter against the burning of Master Jan Hus. The Melechov Fortress (sometimes also the Koutecká Fortress) fell apart over time, until it was preserved in 2000 after an archaeological survey.
GPS coordinates: 49°39’1″N, 15°18’4″E
Devil’s Stone, Rejčkov – natural heritage area.
The five-meter-high moss and lichen-covered granite rock had always attracted the attention of everyone, as long as they woke their imagination until the legend was born. The old legend tells of a rich but lazy farmer from Rejčkov, who once plowed the field was sent to work for the devil and instead of plowing, rolled on the border until he fell asleep. When he woke up, the field was perfectly plowed, and the devil stood beside him. The devil undertook his soul and allowed the farmer to spend the remaining 10 years of his life in his field. Time passed like water in Sazava and the slacker did not want to go to hell. So he and his wife put their heads together, and when the devil was supposed to come for the farmer, the cunning man sprinkled the whole house with holy water so the devil couldn’t enter. Of course, the devil wanted to take revenge and flew to Žebrák’s quarry. There he gathered huge granite boulders into the sack to fill the farmer’s field and headed back to Rejčkov. But in the Spruce Mill the rooster started to crow, the devil began to lose strength and stones had to sprinkle. And so was created Creature and this Devil’s Stone. Interestingly, the stone itself is often reminiscent of the devil’s head.
GPS coordinates: 49°37’45.677″N, 15°19’21.707″E
Stvořidla, Smrčná u Ledče nad Sázavou – nature sanctuary
Hoši od Bobří River and Jestřáb Jaroslav Foglar, dense forests and Sunny Bay. Though mainly the river Sázava is meandering through the deep valley. Hundreds of granite boulders, supposedly thrown by the devil, smoothed into predatory shapes by the predatory river. A painted romance. A paradise for paddlers, juniors, tourists, cyclists, but also a home for lots of protected plants and animals. Plus the epic Posázavský pacific creatively bewitched the famous writer Jaroslav Foglar, who rode 20 years with the oldest scout camp Pražská Dvojka. The author of Fast Arrows regularly built a junior camp on pastures in the Sunny Bay. This is where the Hoši od Bobří River and the Scouts’ lifelong admiration were born. And the Jestřáb has them all under his control to this day – in honor of him, they built a monument here in 1997.
GPS coordinates: 49°41’13,617″N, 15°18’37,391″E
Chateau Vilémovice and Vilémovice yew, Vilémovice – cultural monument and memorial tree
Vilémovice is also an interesting place in the Highlands. In the 13th century the village belonged to the Vilémov monastery. Monks farmed here and discovered red yew, which today ranks among the oldest trees not only in the Czech Republic but also in Europe. Its age is estimated at an incredible 2,000 years and is rightfully the pride of Vilémovice. It received the status of a memorable tree on 1 January 1989. The Vilémovice yew grows in the garden of today’s Baroque-Classicist mansion Vilémovice was built between 1743 and 1746 by the nobleman Ignác Bechyně of Lažany. In 1825 the castle burnt down, but it got repaired soon after the fire. Today it is privately owned. However, it is worth noting the chapel above the village, from which there is an incredible view of the countryside.
Ledeč nad Sázavou Castle – cultural monument
One of the oldest aristocratic castles in central Posázaví. The first written records date back to 1181. Over the centuries, the castle was transformed from originally Gothic to Renaissance and Baroque. At present, this cultural monument is gradually undergoing reconstruction. It was also popular with filmmakers, and it filmed (among other things) the sequel to one of the most successful Czech fairy tales Anděl Páně 2. Here you will find a city museum, organized in the style of the 1930s, and exhibits presenting life in the Highlands, such as the life of potters, weavers, glassmakers and blacksmiths. The museum also offers numismatic collections of weapons, clocks and paintings. This majestic castle above the river Sázava is definitely worth a visit.
Thun Summer Palace, Ledeč nad Sázavou – cultural monument
The Baroque summer house was built at the end of the 17th century by the owner of the Ledeč estate, Michal Osvald, the Earl of Thun, as a summer residence for his brother, Archbishop of Salzburg, Jan Arnošt of Thun. The large hall on the first floor of the main building is decorated with frescoes depicting houses, farms and estates belonging to the Thun family.
GPS coordinates: 49°41’50.719″N, 15°16’58.736″E
Mill Budčice, Vlastějovice
The mill was built in 1893 on the river Sázava near Ledeč. Today, the mill is an interesting technical monument, where you can see the original mill equipment and functional mill wheel. The building houses a Kaplan turbine for electricity generation.
GPS coordinates: 49° 43′ 16.1”N, 15° 10′ 53.2″E
Rescue station and ZOO
Pavlov u Ledče nad Sázavou Pavlov, a well-known rescue station and environmental center in the Highlands, takes care of disabled animals in need of assistance. Currently, the station offers educational programs designed for school and pre-school children. These are programs with environmental themes in which children have the opportunity to meet a number of native species from this station. You will get to know several species of birds of prey, owls, singers and waterfowl. You can also see European mink, otters, red fox or marten.
GPS coordinates: 49°42’1.475″N, 15°20’16.173″E
Ruins of Lipnice Castle, Lipnice nad Sázavou – national cultural monument
The mighty castle was founded by the Lords of Lichtenburg at the beginning of the 14th century, offers visitors not only the settlements and towns in the area, but also the distant ridges of the Iron Mountains, Žďárské vrchy Giant Mountains. The gem of the castle is the chapel of st. Lawrence, which is exceptional in size and originally independent location in the castle courtyard, as it used to be in royal castles.
GPS coordinates: 49°36´51.147″N, 15°24´48.064″E
Jaroslav Hašek Memorial, Lipnice nad Sázavou
The house under the castle, where the writer and adventurer Jaroslav Hašek spent the last years of his life, as well as where he wrote his most famous work “The Fates of the Good Soldier Švejk”, today is an exhibition devoted to his fate and work. You will find Hašek’s books, newspaper clippings, personal belongings and other items. Jaroslav Hašek is buried in the local cemetery.
GPS coordinates: 49°36’47.864″N, 15°24’51.4″E
National Eavesdropping Memorial
The National Eavesdropping Memorial is a designation for three reliefs carved by a group of young stonemasons into the rocks in the flooded granite quarries near Lipnice nad Sázavou. Nearly three-meter religions are called Bretschneider’s Ear, Mouth of Truth and Golden Eyes and are very popular with tourists.
GPS Coordinates: 49˚ 37`14.32“N 15˚24`40.71“E
Church of St. Margaret, Loukov, Lower Town – cultural monument
Church of St. Margaret’s Church in Loukov, for the local “Louký”, stands on the site of the already defunct village Loukov. In its vicinity was once a farmhouse, whose owner Naček of Lúký, together with his family, was a donor of the church. In 1941, medieval murals of relatively high artistic standards were discovered in the nave, presbytery and sacristy. The latest literature dates them to the last decade of the 14th century. Church of st. St. Margaret’s Church in Loukov belongs to a group of three so-called Podlipnice churches.
GPS coordinates: 49°37’43.466″N, 15°20’43.645″E
Želiv Monastery, Želiv – national cultural monument
The Premonstratensian Monastery was founded by Soběslav I in 1139 and today it is a popular pilgrimage site. The monastery has a
dark past, was burnt down by the Hussites and several more times by other reasons, most recently in 1907. In 1950 it was closed
down and became an internment camp for politically uncomfortable priests and religious. In 1954 it became a branch of a psychiatric hospital in Havlíčkův Brod. Since then, it has decayed. It was restored only in 1990, when it started nearing a desolate state. On 8 February 2010 the place entered the list of national cultural monuments. Today, the Želiv Monastery is a popular pilgrimage site and the center of spiritual life.
Sedlice Reservoir, Sedlice – cultural monument
Hidden in the woods, this unique property is 6 km from the Želiv Monastery and 9 km from Humpolec. The oldest stone dam in the Czech Republic was built between 1921 and 1927 on the Želivka River below the confluence of the Jankovský Stream and the Hejlovka River. Sedlická dam is 15 meters deep and has an area of 40 hectares. This tourist-neglected cultural monument is called by the locals “Velká” and they are very proud of it.
Church of st. Vitus, Garden – cultural monument
The only building that remained from the former town Zahrádka, before the village was flooded during the construction of the reservoir Želivka (Švihov) in 1965-1975. Vitus. It was preserved because of the finds of Přemyslid architecture from the 12th century and murals from the beginning of the 14th century, which probably depict members of the reigning Přemyslid dynasty with their wives.
GPS Coordinates: 49°37’25.109″N, 15°14’55.54″
Virgin Mary Statue, Garden – cultural monument
The Baroque statue of the Virgin Mary from 1738 is probably the work of the sculptor Jakub Teplý from Pardubice. The statue is one of the remains of the existence of the village Zahrádka, which disappeared in connection with the construction of a nearby reservoir in the second half of the 20th century.
GPS coordinates: 49°37’23.558″N, 15°15’1.189″E
Bell Tower, Lower Town – cultural monument
A wooden belfry, estimated from the late 17th or mid 18th century, is located behind the presbytery of the Church of Sts. Martin in Lower Town.
GPS coordinates: 49°37’53.894″N, 15°23’21.153″E
Fortress, Proseč u Kališť – cultural monument
The Proseč Fortress was built around the end of the 14th century. Although only a square-footed torso of a few meters has been preserved from the fortress, it is still an example of a small rural feudal.
GPS coordinates: 49°35’59.16″N, 15°19’50.684″E
Farmhouse Michalův statek, Pohleď – national cultural monument
The original owners of today’s open-air museum were the Michalů family, who owned the farm from 1591 until 1997. In 2000 it was bought by the village of Pohleď from the Michalů family and after repairing it in 2004 the museum was opened to the public. In 2003 the estate was recognized as a national cultural monument.
GPS coordinates: 49°39’31.702″N, 15°27’9.924″E